Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Friday, January 23, 2009

I pity the day when...

my nephew Thomas plays team sports. Tonight I went out in the freezing cold to watch Noah, my oldest nephew play soccer. He is really good at it, by the way. Anyway, this bigger kid on the other team kept elbowing the players on Noah's team when they came in contact with the ball. I don't know much about sports but I do know that in soccer you are NOT supposed to touch the players. The coach from Noah's team discussed this with the refs at half time and they just laughed and shrugged it off. I'm not quite sure what came over me but when I saw the kid elbow Noah I jumped up and yelled as loud as I could, "get your hands off of him." It was sheer divine intervention that I didn't curse b/c those of you who know me, know that I have the mouth of a sailor. It was sort of funny the way it all happened because I didn't even think twice. I just instinctually yelled. I have a feeling I'm going to be the mom that's banned from the field!

1 comment:

Patyrish said...

You are so me! I would not have been able to hold it in either. I blurted out "HEEEY WATCH OUT THERE'S A BABY BEHIND YOU" at the carnival last year. My God daughter was getting pummeled by two brats trying to wrestle on one of those swing things. Her mom was there but the MAMMA BEAR in me just came out, claws showing!

Your gonna be a great mommy one day!