Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Monday, February 23, 2009

I Hate Embarq

You know, you'd think after transferring my phone number and internet as much as I do, it would be a piece of cake, right? WRONG!!! Talk about sending me over the edge, this time about did it. I transferred my phone service to Josh’s house the second of February so Embarq assigned me a new phone number. (That would be the 574 # that I text to everybody, first.) The phone service was supposed to be connected on Wednesday, February 11th. I get home and try to call the number and guess what??? The 574 # doesn’t work! Instead I have a 575#. (That would be the second number that I text to everybody!) On Thursday, I called and complained. By Friday, not only was my internet not up and running, I had no phone service at all!!! After spending 3 days on the phone with Embarq and expressing my extreme unhappiness they fixed the problem. Those of you who know me from my “partying” days, know that I am notorious for transposing numbers so I figured it was my fault for the confusion. This time, it wasn’t!

2 comments:

CenturyLinkJoey said...

Hi. I found your blog this morning and I'm very concerned about the experience you had with Embarq. I first want to apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Reading you blog it seems that the problem is resolved, but I can certainly double check that to make sure. If you email me your phone number I will gladly look into this. My email address is EMBARQ_Joey@embarq.com. You can check out my Twitter page to verify my identity, http://twitter.com/EMBARQ_Joey.

Thanks,

Joey H.
Embarq Customer Outreach
reachout@embarq.com

Alyssa said...

Oh puke Embarq Joey.

Janie, I hate Embarq probably more than you do. LOL

In fact, just to show Embarq my extreme distatse for them, Herman and I are switching to totally digital service through Brighthouse. We will bundle our cable, phone, and Internet, and do away with the nasty phone company altogether.

Glad you got it fixed. :)