Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Saturday, September 02, 2006

I need some dating 101

Well, I had a very nice time this afternoon. The allotted hour went well. We had quite a bit to talk about. He isn't a troll and has an amazing smile. So, we ended our little meeting with both agreeing to meet again sometime. He even said, "see you later." Now, we'll see if that was just a conversation piece or if really meant it. I wouldn't mind meeting again.

Its funny though, I'm new at this dating stuff. I've only had one serious relationship and that relationship came about from being childhood friends. So, if I were to date this guy or someone else, I'm not sure what the next step is. I know I sound dumb, but what do people do on dates? I'm not talking anything sexual. Trust me, I'm just fine in that category! Not that I'm a slut... Geez, I'm rambling!

I think I worry way too much. I'm glad I'm going back to counseling next week! One thing that bothers me is that sometimes I think I'm way too simple and maybe I'm not dating material. (this isn't a feel sorry for me campaign, I'm just stating my feelings) I'm not into politics. I can't fix stuff, I can break it but I sure can't fix it! Sometimes I can't remember whether its the sun or the earth that revolves. I think its the sun. The earth rotates. I'm not that much into sports unless someone I know is playing. I like football but I don't understand it. None of these things matter to me but I'm not a slug. I enjoy people. I enjoy traveling. I love nature, as long as there's a/c and plumbing involved somewhere close! I love to laugh. Well, that's that. Sorry, Rebecca, no funny story this time!

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Just be yourself and have a good time. There isn't any set rule about dating. Just go out and do stuff both of you enjoy. Every now and then do things that he enjoys, and you hate, and every now and then he will do the same for you. Men complain a lot when it isn't something that they want to do, but most will at least go.

I do not think there is a simple thing about you. You are such a smart, beautiful, funny person, and you deserve the best.

A friend of mine summed it up well when she said men are like shoes. You find a pair you think you like, you put them on, and you walk all around in them. If you don't like them, take them off, and keep trying on a new pair until you find a pair that looks fabulous, feel comfortable, and fit well. Hang in there!! You WILL find the right one.

Let us know how things go with the newest "shoe". ;)

Patyrish said...

Oh Janie, you remind me so much that I don't miss dating. I would just say be yourself. I don't think you are a boring person at all....in fact you are FARR from it! Your job alone qualifies you for "interesting!"

Love you girl!