Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Friday, September 01, 2006

Ok, I Lied...

Hi Friends! I've gone and done it again! I know I said I would NEVER participate in internet dating again, but its been nine months since my last fiasco, I'm bored and lonely, so, I gave it another shot. I'm meeting this guy for the first time tomorrow. I'm nervous as hell and have tried to come up with every excuse in the book to cancel. I did something smart this time and made dinner plans that begin about an hour after I have to meet this guy. So, if its bad, there's no, "lets meet again tomorrow," to end the date. I've learned my lesson!

You know, its not like he doesn't know what I look like. I've sent realistic pictures of me so he knows I'm not a size 6. I just feel so self-conscious about it. Which I know, its dumb, b/c its not like I try to do anything about it. I'll post tomorrow and let you know how this turns out.

As for my job, I love it. I'm tired though. I'm exhausted and lost my voice after the first week of school. I have ditched make-up b/c the stuff just melts off of my face due to the heat. I try really hard to not let myself get overwhelmed but I want to do it all and be perfect. That's really hard when you have 18 children and only two adults. All that crap I teach to my CDA students has gone right out the window. How the hell do you have time to change the water table between every use? And, come on, did any of us have to go to therapy for cutting out pre-made dittos? Come to think of it, maybe that's why I've been in therapy? On a happier note, I personally think I got all the cute kids, challenging but sweet. We have one who is on the LOW end of the autism spectrum. You know, non-verbal but screams. Doesn't eat anything unless it has about a 1,000 carbs in it. We have another who has a deleted chromosome disorder. He functions on about a 2 year old level and is also nonverbal. I've got one who poops his pants EVERYDAY on the playground and when I "encourage" him to clean his ownself he screams bloody murder. I'm learning alot and having fun doing it. I know it'll get better. I love getting hugs and watching them play. It makes it all worth it!

In regards to my "new" house, I'm having a love-hate relationship with it. I will NEVER purchase a used home again! That's all I have to say about that. I keep telling myself, "its only for a little while longer, the payment is cheap, you can do this."

Well, I think that's about it for now. I love you and miss you, J

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Okay--you know I met Herman online. I was a nervous wreck. We had been talking for a month before I finally agreed to go on a date with him. We had a lot in common, a lot to talk about, and I just hated not to have my internet buddy anymore if he did not like what he saw. I was convinced he would think I was a bow-wow--and he had seen pics of me.

When I met him, then I really got nervous, because I thought he was really cute, and that he would think I was a woof. It made me a nervous wreck....I think I finally calmed myself down when he asked me to go for coffee after dinner. I felt like, if he thought I was gross, why would he ask me for coffee when he now has a good opportunity to escape??? LOL

I am so excited to hear how this goes. I will be anxiously awaiting your next post.......

Even if he is not "it", try and have a good time (especially since he is paying hhehehehe).

Patyrish said...

Janie you will have a great time and I don't see anything wrong with internet dating.

Can't wait to hear how well it goes!