Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Dating, Weddings, Babies...

(Me and Molly at her shower. 1/13/07)
You get the picture! I guess things aren't necessarily done in that order these days, but for me, I'd like to believe that would be the order. So, I've signed up on Match.com...AGAIN. I swore I wouldn't do it again, but I'm lonely and I'd like to have a date or two. Don't worry, I'm not settling. If its not in God's plan for me to marry, then I'll be single, but until He Fedex's me a note telling me to stop trying, I've got to meet some men! I sure don't meet them in my line of work and generally on the rare occasions when I do go out, I find men only wanting booty calls. I'm too old for that and besides, its just not safe. I was going to wait until I lost a bunch of weight but you know, that may never happen so I've got to start living.

This isn't a "feel sorry for me" entry, I just felt like writing about it. I guess because we gave Molly (my sister) a baby shower this weekend or it could be because I went wedding shopping with a friend who's getting married in July. Another friend of mine, Maggie is getting married in May to her high school sweetheart. What are the chances that two people go their separate ways only to reconnect after 10 years?!! I am thrilled for them. She has asked me to be her maid of honor and I couldn't be more happy about it. I'm even more honored because its a VERY small wedding and I'm included on the list to invite. My nephew is due the first week of March, but my sister is getting so big, that her doctor thinks that he may take the baby around the 15th of February. I am so excited! I plan to spoil him rotten. (within limits of course) Molly looks so beautiful but I swear if somebody put a pin in her she'd pop! She's having trouble breathing because her belly is so big.

You know, my therapist asked me the other day if I was jealous because my sister is having a baby and my friends are getting married. I don't think so. I'm really happy for them. Selfishly, I'm happy for me too because I get to celebrate in their joy. Yeah, I'm lonely at times, but I'm an optimist and I know that God just isn't finished grooming my man yet. He's going to have to be pretty special to deal with me!

No comments: