Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Am I Normal?

I'd really love some feedback from everybody on this one. I realize that yes, certifiably I am a bit crazy but I'm curious if I'm doing what the norm does or if I'm being an introvert. Here is my routine: I work, come home or run errands (gym, groceries, drug store, etc) then I come home, cook dinner, eat, walk Missy, watch t.v. while playing Tetris and then I go to bed. Somewhere in there I may check my e-mail, call my mother and/or friends. (My friend Maggie says that this is normal, but sometimes I think she is just being nice.)

My weekends really worry me. Friday night, I went out with a group of friends from work. We had a couple of drinks over dinner and by 7pm, we all went home. My friend Rebecca was willing to go to a movie with me but I was so darn tired. Now mind you, they all went home to their husbands, me, I went home to my dog. By 9:00pm I was in bed!

Saturday, it was disgusting outside, thunderstorm city, but I spent an hour at the gym to make up for Friday night's beer and buffet. Then I went home, watched tv, went to the laundry mat, cleaned my house and played Tetris. ( Is it ok for an almost 30 year old to play Tetris this much?) Sunday, I tutored, called a couple of friends to check in, went to the gym, Target, took Missy to the dog park and now I'm home.

I don't know if its because I spend so much time socializing at work, but I am exhausted on the weekends. Sometimes, just the thought of putting on real clothes and holding a conversation makes me tired. I'm not depressed. I know that in less than 4 months I'll be back in Wakulla. Yippee!

I'm sure its just the anxiety trying to get the best of me, but I'd love some input on this entry.

Hugs and Kisses, J

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

What IS normal anyway?? Seems like you have plenty of friends, and as long as you are happy, who cares what everyone else thinks?? I must be getting old. I used to be the same way, and to an extent, I still am, but I just got really tired of worrying about what others think.

Somedays, I walk around in my pajamas all day long, don't brush my hair, and lay around watching TV. I think that is pretty abnormal, but hey, I feel like I am 30, and I earned it.

Friday night, I went to a party with Herman for the ladies at my job. We recently closed down our department, so it was the last one, and I felt like I should go. I guess mostly it was okay, but there was loud music, dancing (and girl, you don't wanna SEE me dance--it is embarrassing!!), and everyone was drinking. I can't drink--I'm prego, and I felt so uncomfortable, and this was around people that I know and love, and work with regularly.

I guess the point I'm trying to make, is that we all have our little idiosyncrasies, we all have our moments when we feel "uncomfortable" with our surroundings, situations, choices, etc., but you have to do what is right for YOU, not what the majority dictates is the right thing. I think you're pretty normal. Maybe that makes me "abnormal," but who cares?? I still love ya, and I know ya still love me, so I am okay with it. Keep your chin up!! I'm here for ya if you need to talk!!

Patyrish said...

Gosh Janie, your day sounds divine to me but I MYSELF am crazy and have anxiety issues so I am not really the one to ask! LOLOL
No seriously though i think you are fine. And yes playing tetris at 30 is totally fine. I love tetris. Sometimes it's nice to just chill here at the house and it's just not worth going through getting ready and everything to go somewhere. I totally understand.