Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Adios Amigos!

Hi friends! Alot has happened since I last wrote. For starters, my head grew into my mushroom hairdo! I went to Tally to present at the Early Learning Conference. My friend Maggie and I presented together. We did a fabulous job. So good that people were upset because our first session filled up so fast that not everyone who wanted to attend could. The coordinators asked us to present again in the afternoon! We had only planned to present during one session. The CEO of Kid's Inc personally thanked us! This conference did wonders for my self-esteem. A special thanks to all my friends who were willing to help me with materials and quotes regarding inclusion.

Ok, so on my way to Tally this Friday I received a call from Wakulla County Schools asking me if I'd be willing to come back and teach at the high school. As you know, I've been planning on moving home, just not this soon. I don't like being this far away from my family and want to be where I am needed. Anyway, I am moving back to Tally Tuesday, March 14th. While I feel guilty about leaving my present job on such short notice, I feel that this is what I need to do. I've been praying about this for quite some time now and God has made a way for me to go home. Maggie is willing to let me stay with her until my house is finished. An old friend of the family has a job for me this summer. I was able to get out of my lease without getting into trouble and to top it off, my step-dad is coming down to help me move!

Some may think that I am scattered and flitter around from place to place. That's fine, let them think what they want. I believe that God has a plan for us all. Some of us just take a while figuring out what that plan is! For the first time in my life I finally feel complete and satisfied with my decisions. I came to West Palm Beach looking for Mr. Right...oh yeah and a new chance at life. I haven't found Mr. Right, but so many other great things have happened since I've been here and I've been able to tie up some unfinished business I've had for some time.

Professionally, I have grown in so many ways. I know more about early childhood education and hope to use what I've learned when I return to Wakulla. My self-esteem has soared tremendously. I know that I can make it, where ever I am. I am not obsessed with losing weight but instead I am working on trying to be healthy by exercising, eating right, and taking care of my body. Spiritually, I have come to depend on God more than I've ever done before. He really does provide!

I will not be on blogger for a while after March 10th, as this is when my internet service will be disconnected. Please know that I keep all of you in my prayers and cherish the relationships I have with you. My e-mail address will remain the same and I'll check it when I can. I'm going to keep my same cell number for a while. I will let you know when I change it.

Some say I'm crazy for wanting to go back into the classroom. Maybe I am. My therapist says I am fine and I tend to believe her! We shall see... In the meantime, thanks for all the prayers. I know they are what keeps me straight!

2 comments:

Patyrish said...

What do you mean you won't be on for a while! UGH THAT'S CRAP! No seriously I am so happy for you and I know this is what you want and need right now. It's a great opportunity and I am so proud of you. I don't think you are a "flutter". You have to do what you have to do to make YOURSELF happy. That is so imporant. Why stay somewhere that you are miserable!?
I just mailed an invite to Deb's shower to you TODAY!? If you don't get it PLEASE let me know! I will remail you a new one to a better address.....in fact just email me the new address!
I do hope you will keep up your blogger even if it's not as often. I enjoy reading about you and keeping up with what's going on in your life.

CONGRATS AND GOD BLESS!

Patyrish said...

Oh yeah and I can't wait to see the mushroom do, that sooo made me laugh my head off....I dyed mine today and I swear I look like Annie the Orphan......okay I am being dramatic but it's redder than I would have liked....what's a girl to do!?