Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Peace...

Last night I wrote letters to my dad and my Grama T. Yes, I realize that they have both gone on to a Higher Place but I needed some closure. The letters were heartfelt. I had leftover guilt and anger towards my dad for dying so young. I felt guilty about not spending time with my Grama before she passed. In the letters I asked forgiveness, gave forgiveness and shared how much I loved both of them. I felt much better after writing them. Today I went to Publix and bought two helium balloons. My plan was to attach the letters to the balloons and let the balloons go. Yes, again I realize they wouldn't make it to Heaven. Symbolism, here people! Anyway, the letter was too heavy and weighed the balloons down. I shouldn't have left the balloons in the car so long. Damn heat! I took the balloons to my Grama's memorial since my daddy is buried in Wakulla. I let the balloons go. At first they just sort of stayed in place. I thought, "My goodness, I'm trying to let go of some guilt. Come on here!" Finally they began to float in the air. Then they got stuck under an eave of a roof! After a couple of minutes and much needed prayer the balloons finally flew up, up, up and away!

I had to post this entry because one, to share a way to provide closure and two, to point out the humor in things. Lord, you should have seen those balloons. I didn't think they'd ever fly away! As I was leaving the cemetary, I noticed these signs labeling the road. They all had 'peace' written on them! Pretty cool.

I'm getting a bit anxious about this move. I'm worried that all those old feelings of anxiety are going to come back. I'm nervous that I'm not going to have enough room in the moving truck for all my stuff. I'm scared to be starting a new job in the middle of the school year. I know that everything will be ok. I've been praying.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

I am so glad you got some of those old wounds healed. Makes you feel like a load is off when you get rid of some of that, doesn't it?? I just wanted to say how happy I am for you that you are able to go back to Wakulla. It is so neat how God opens a door when he thinks you are ready to walk back through it.

Please keep in touch, and let us know how you are doing. As for Mr. Right, maybe you just were not ready yet. Maybe that is another door that will open here soon, now that you were able to resolve, and learn so many things. Love ya girl!!

Patyrish said...

What symbolism(sp?) in those balloons. I had to chuckle when I read they wouldnt float away...hahahahahahhaaa that would SO be something that happened to me when I was trying to "let go" of something. It's actually what I really do in real life. I will say I am letting certain things go and then hold onto them with my fingernails....eventually I let them go but it's hard.

You will do AWESOME in your new job. You will be the young, cool, hip teacher.

mwah!