Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Thoughts to share...

Its funny how I came to West Palm Beach looking for Mr. Right. At this point, Mr. Right Now would be nice! Just kidding. I didn't find Mr. Right but I sure have gained some closure on some things. While some are funny, others make me teary.

A funny one deals with when I was about 3 years old, I went to Lion Country Safari here in Palm Beach County. While I was there, a goose bit me on my back. I remember it to this day. For the past 27 years, I've held a grudge on every species of birds. Up until a couple of months ago I was petrified of ducks and geese. I finally realized the other day that that was just one goose. Who knows, maybe I was in his territory? Anyway, as I was looking out at the lake behind my apartment I happened to see a momma duck with her little ducklings. My heart softened! They were so cute and the momma was so protective. Maybe I've actually overcome my fear?

On a more serious note, I've come to let go of some old guilty feelings I've stored up for over 17 years! I'm learning to enjoy life. Stop and smell the roses. I feel incredibly rich because of all the places I've been and the friends I've made along the way.

While I'm nervous about teaching high school I know it'll be ok. I've done it before, I can do it again. Its only 2 and a half months, right?

I guess that's all for now. Take Care, J

No comments: