Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

ADA

I was thinking about this the other day and I thought I'd post it... Whenever Thomas and I go out I take him in the stroller. He is almost 20 pounds and I carry enough extra weight around without his.



So, we were killing time the other day waiting for Molly and Eric to get off of work so I thought I'd stop in this store called Rainbow. We don't have one at home but I remembered it from when I lived in West Palm Beach. Its a store that carries cheap, trendy clothes for Plus-sized girls. Let me emphasize the word cheap. If you hand wash the stuff you might get 3 wears out of it.


We stroll into the store, or should I say, I hefted the stroller with baby in it up into the store being as how NOTHING in this part of Louisiana is handicapped accessible. I never knew how annoying those little lifts could be. (you know, the entrance doesn't match up to the outside so they at a step.) I've always been a stickler for ADA accomodations being an ESE teacher and all but now that I have Thomas with me I really notice.

My point to the story... so once get inside I realize that all the racks of clothes are jammed together. There is NO WAY I can look at anything in there. You'd think that since its a store for large women the aisles would be bigger!

1 comment:

Patyrish said...

Yeah Janie I have this problem alot and just with Makily's stroller. Her kidkart is a NIGHTMARE getting through those aisles. Going into a restaraunt with the kidkart is enough to give me an anxiety attack. The tables are ALWAYS too close together.