Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Because of Katrina

So, I got a ticket for running a stop sign in downtown New Orleans on June 16th. "Running" sounds bad. What actually happened was that I yielded instead of coming to a complete stop. Thats not the point, the point is, I got a ticket and I need to pay it. There's a website you can go to pay online. For the past 20 or so days, I've been going to the website to try and pay it only to discover that the ticket isn't online. My sister asked around at work and they said that there's nothing I can do until the police officer puts the ticket into the system. I'm supposed to have 30 days to pay it but the officer wrote that payment was due by July 11th! They said the police officers are bad about not putting the ticket into the system on time. So today, me and my nephew are driving down to traffic court to find out what the hell is going on. I hope he pulls that stuff he pulls when we go to the mall. (He HATES the mall.)

Personally, I 'd rather not pay the damn thing, but I don't like the idea of having a suspended license over something like this. This will be my contribution to Katrina. Everything around here is because of Katrina. You know what, Katrina was two years ago! Find another excuse! I'm sorry for the people who lost loved ones or their personal valuables in the storm but two years later, websites shouldn't be down, and police officers shouldn't be giving me the wrong phone number to call to find out how much my ticket will cost! Seriously, I've sent 2 e-mails, left 3 voicemails but have gotten no response. Molly's friend said that's because that site and office I am calling is out of order because of Katrina.

Wish me luck. As pissed of as I am about driving downtown to pay this damn thing, you'd think I'd show it by being mean. Nope, I'll probably cry. The story of my life!

1 comment:

Patyrish said...

I GOT A TICKET FOR THE SAME THING and I have to pay mine by the July 19th. The cop was a JERK and said "you just slowed down and didnt stop". Mine was $185 what was yours?

I am going to take the four hour yawn fest class so my ticket will go down to $115...then I get to pay for the class.

that sucks the cop didnt put it in the system yet. How unorganized is that!?