Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Sunday, October 05, 2008

Camping 101

Some of Josh's friends invited us to go camping with them this weekend. Believe it or not, I'd really been wanting to try it so... I did. We spent all day on the beach. The weather was perfect. Not too hot, not too cold and there was a fantastic breeze. I still managed to get sunburned though. Josh put sunscreen on my back, neck and shoulders. I put it on the front of me. Guess where I got sunburned? All the places I put the sunscreen! My knee caps even got red. What is that all about? I enjoyed some very delicious fruity drinks while vegging on the beach.

Josh's friend, Ross loaned us a two-man tent to sleep in. Thanks Ross! The queen sized air mattress Amber loaned me didn't quite fit in it so we slept on sleeping bags. Yes, Amber I actually took it out and tried it! LOL! Thanks to you too. It wasn't too bad except there wasn't a screen and I kept getting clausterphobic so I had to sleep with the front panel of the tent cracked. Guess what woke us up in the morning? Yep, mosquitoes!

I was worried I would have to pee in the middle of the night but fortunately I didn't! I don't like peeing in the woods and I didn't want to wake Josh to ask him to walk me to the nearest bathroom.

So the next time I go, here is what I'll remember... a tent big enough to hold an air mattress, aerosol insect repellant, maglite (you know the big one that can give people concussions) and my battery-operated fan.

All in all, I couldn't have asked for a better first time camping experience. Of course, my first choice will always be the Holiday Inn!



All of this for one night!?!


Putting the tent together. Notice, I'm not in the picture.


The finished project! Is my man good or what?


Harry A's after a great day at the beach... Go Noles! Yay, we beat Miami!


Pretty wildflowers and butterfly!

1 comment:

Patyrish said...

Girl you are braver than me. I have never been camping and Allen really wants to go. I will have to get brave and go one day huh?