Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Fat Girl Inside of Me

Despite losing 50 pounds since January 2008, I still see myself as a fat girl. (hope that's not offensive to anyone) Don't get me wrong, I don't have an eating disorder or think of myself as unattractive. I was beautiful when I weighed in at 209 pounds. I just didn't have the confidence to let that beauty shine through. Anyway, the point to this entry... There are times when I say things like, "I have to watch myself around that icing," or "I need to get my fat butt off the couch and exercise." I think by saying those things, I've offended some people, especially those people who didn't know me before the weightloss. Comments like that aren't made to poke fun at other people nor am I trying to draw attention to the fact that I have lost 50 pounds. Instead, its my way of keeping myself in check. Furthermore, I will always be able to relate to being overweight. I will always have to watch what I eat. I will always have to exercise. As long as I'm aware of these things, I think I will have a better grasp on keeping my weight down!

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

I feel our pain Janie.

I have NEVER been skinny, and I never will be. I like to refer to what I WILL be as average. LOL

I have about 50 pounds off now, and have another 30-something to go, and I find myself saying the same things, I gotta get my lardy butt up, etc. When people offer me doughnuts at work, (and believe me, they won't let you say no--it's like you are offending them if you say no) I tell them, "I'm too fat for doughnuts" and that usually gets them to back off. They remember the hard work I have put into my weight loss.

You go girl. You look great, and some people just need to chill. You're harmless.

Patyrish said...

I second and third all of this.