Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

Its funny how one’s mood changes from day to day. One minute I think I’m fine with being 30, single and childless. Then a day like mother’s day comes along and smacks me in the face and I am suddenly reminded that I am alone. Or am I? I have so many wonderful people in my life that keep me busy, not to mention my own personal issues. I am rich and full of life. I have to keep reminding myself, “God’s timing. Not mine!” And that, just because I’m childless and single doesn’t mean I’m unsuccessful.

Why do we set such high expectations for ourselves only to set ourselves up for failure? I guess I’m feeling bummed because I had planned to lose 31 pounds by my 31st birthday. And guess what? I didn’t lose the 31 pounds. Shocker, I know. I am going out of town for a friend’s wedding that weekend and I thought that would be great motivation. You know, my birthday and seeing my friend. I don’t know why I’m so bummed. My friends love me no matter what size I am so why do I measure my success by how fat I am? Well, the bottom line is, I’ve only manage to lose about 21 pounds since October, 14 of which I haven’t gained back. I’m looking for a diet/exercise plan that requires little effort on my part, lol. If you know of any, could you let me know?

Update on my sinus/nausea headache situation… so I went and had a CT scan done last week. They did find a brain, but no sinus inflammation. I have a slight deviated septum, whatever that means but I’m guessing that’s typical because the doctor didn’t make a big deal out of it. She now thinks that maybe the headaches are migraine related. Poor thing. I think she’s tired of dealing with me. So, she put me on something called Maxalt and Topamax, (so much for not taking so many meds!) When I take the Maxalt, it seems to help the headaches and the Topamax seems to relax me, so I guess its worth a try. I went to see an herbalist and I did buy some herbs (yes, legal ones!), but there’s a whole diet regime that needs to be followed and I’m just not sure that mentally I’m ready for that. Well, I need to go finish eating my side salad from McDonalds. (I already ate the cheeseburger!) Love, Janie

1 comment:

Amy M said...

Any word yet on your sister moving back home? I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.