Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Me, Janie T.

Well, here lately friends have been sending me websites consisting of their online journals. I love reading their entries. In fact, its kind of addicting. At first I thought I couldn't create one because I don't have any children or a wedding on the way, yadda, yadda, yadda... Then I realized that I have a dog, who may as well be my child and I cherish my life, so I figured what the heck!

I joined L.A. Fitness this past Saturday. I'm pretty sure this the last weightloss program left for me to try in Palm Beach County. I guess I figured if I paid the memberships the weight should just drop off. Boy was I wrong. However, I really like this gym. They have a pool, hot tub, and sauna. Oh yeah, lots of men, too. I've gone everyday so far. Don't laugh, for me this is an accomplishment! Anyway, tonight I met with a trainer for one of those free trial things where they give you a sample workout and then try to sell you on one of their programs. The trainer was terrific. Encouraging and funny, my combination. Halfway through the workout, I'm thinking, "Man, this guy is hot. If I had him telling me five more sit ups, I would actually do the sit ups." So, I was contemplating a membership. Then we get to the part where he shows me the plans and how much they cost. The cheapest plan, which involved a 12 month commitment, meeting with a trainer one day a week, was $180 a month. That might not be alot to some people, but that's a cell phone bill and light bill for me! So, I told the guy I needed to think about it. Let me tell you, the hottie that helped me with the sit ups turned into a monster. His body turned red, his eyes got bloodshot, and he raised his voice while insinuating that if my health wasn't worth $180 then he didn't know what was. I am very proud of myself, because I sat there calmly and told him I needed to think about it. I'm still hot about the incident. Its a good thing I'm still on my antidepressants, if not, he'd of been in for it! So, I left his office feeling crappy, but decided to do my cardio anyway. As I walked I realized that I didn't need Mr. Hotty training me to get in shape. I'll do it myself. Well, thats all for now. I'm going to go eat a turkey sandwich!

2 comments:

Patyrish said...

Janie!!! I LOVE THE NAME OF YOUR BLOG! BRINGS ME BACK TO THE DAY GIRL! And what do you mean "i don't have any kids or a wedding coming up...bla bla bla". You have a life and I must say your job is one of the coolest ever! As for the trainer...what a but head....I don't have $180 for the next 12 months to just shell out either. I am doing Southbeach right now...it's working for me. Not sure how well I am gonna do tomorrow though! Love ya girl and I am saving ya to my favorites! MWAH!

Alyssa said...

Hey there!! Love the blog--now I can nose into your personal life on a daily basis ha ha ha. I feel the same way about trainers--they are oh-so-nice until you tell them you'll think about it. I really can't diet right now--for obvious reasons, but I will be on the food rationing wagon soon after delivering. I am glad to hear all is well--and I will be adding a blog here soon. Trish and I will have to link you to some of our favorite ones to read!! Love ya!
Deborah