Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Friday, November 25, 2005

We're not in Kansas anymore!

Hi there! I hope everybody had a terrific Thanksgiving. I enjoyed a quiet dinner at my aunt and uncle's home in Loxahatchee. The meal was absolutely perfect. I am enjoying getting to know my South Florida cousins. Anyway, Let me just tell you about today. I was determined NOT to get up early this morning to join the other millions of crazy holiday shoppers. However, my sister Molly called me at 7am this morning to let me know that she'd been up since 4:30am! Crazy girl!!! I couldn't go back to sleep so I threw on my tennis shoes and clothes and ventured out. By the time I got to most places I had missed the deals. (There is a point to this story.) Around 12pm I went to the gym determined to work on my leg and butt muscles and do some cardio. And so, I did...At about 1:30pm I realized that I couldn't find my keys. I searched EVERYWHERE, no keys. After begging the guy at the desk to do an all-call to ask people if they'd seen any keys, still NO KEYS! By this point, I'm on the verge of tears, but I sucked them up and asked if I could call Triple A. Thanks mom! What a perfect gift for me. I wouldn't have been so upset except that right now I have my mom's car because my step-dad is fixing mine and I never made it to the dealership to have multiple copies of her keys made. Of course I have about 4 sets of keys for my car! Fat good those did, since my car is in TALLAHASSEE!!!!!!!! Anyway, after being on hold with Triple A for about 15 minutes and getting dirty looks from the butthole behind the fitness desk, I hung up and called my aunt. To make a long story even longer, my aunt called my uncle who was on duty at the fire station. He sent a team of very hot looking guys to help me get into the car. As I was rummaging through the car looking for information on the year and vin # of the car this piece of paper falls out of the car manual. In the mean time my uncle calls the Chevy dealership who tells him that because the car isn't mine, the only way he can make another set of keys is if I have an ignition key code. (unless of course my mom wanted to come down from Tally and show some ID) Guess what was on that piece of paper? You got it! The ignition key code. My friend, Heather came and picked me up from the gym and took me to the dealership where I had two sets of keys made. The point to this story... I am thankful for many things this holiday season, most of all I am thankful for my family and friends. (I know that's an old cliche...) I feel like the richest person in the world. Here I am 400 miles away from where I call home and I still have the love and support of friends and family. I am so blessed! Oh yeah, the reason for the title, "We're not in Kansas anymore!," is back home if someone finds your keys they return them to the front desk, here they take them. I still don't know why anybody would want my keys. Somebody thought that since I have my clicker from my Honda on there, they were hoping to steal my car. No, that can't be it...Maybe it was for all those damn key tags I have... Curves, L.A. Weightloss, CVS. Well, it is now 7:45pm and I have been home for an hour and a half. The day ended on a great note as I have a date tomorrow night! I'll fill ya in later...

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Ooooooooooohhhhhh--with one of the hot firefighters??? How exciting. I can't WAIT to hear about this! Hope all goes well!