Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Internet dating and bungee jumping

You know, I swear that going on an internet dating site is alot like bungee jumping without the proper gear on. NEED I SAY MORE??? Luckily this time I haven't had any bites, but I just got finished looking at the site and asking my self why in the hell did I pay $60 for this? I swear when you are contemplating joining they have a menu of great looking guys with decent jobs all of whom appreciate a variety of women. I'm beginning to think they hire these men for purely advertising purposes because now that I'm a member all of those guys have been replaced with country bumpkins, men who still live with their mommas, or have 5 kids! At first I thought, "Well maybe its where you are looking." So, I plugged in other zipcodes at random. More wierdos! Now, before anybody gets pissed reading this because they found their husband on the internet, I'm not saying they are all wierdos, so don't take it personally. Lord, this is exhausting. For $60 bucks I could have at least gotten a great looking tattoo!

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Wow--I didn't realize it cost 60 dollars to do the online dating thing. Good grief.

I never really had a paid membership. I put up a free ad, and let me tell you, I was a freak magnet. They crawled out of the woodwork to contact me.

So I posted I wanted a white male, 25-30yrs old, never been married, no kids, and had a job.

The first guy that answered my ad was hispanic, 45, was divorced, and had custody of his 8 year old son. He was also unemployed. Can you say, total opposite??

Another guy I chit-chatted on AOL with for maybe an hour, and I thought he was a stupid turd, so I blocked him. Well, it turns out he had a girlfriend, and she started harrassing me until I had to block her, too. I told her, he is responding to ads on Love@aol, and you can have him, he is a total retard. Well, that pissed her off, so like I said, she got blocked and reported to AOL.

There was a nice guy from India that was in Pharmacy school that I liked to chat with, but he was just not someone I liked enough to meet.

After the psycho girlfriend incident, I took my profile down. My hubby had seen my profile, and put my screen name on his buddy list, and IM'd me one day. He was the only really normal one that responded to my add. I am just glad he got my screen name before I deleted that account!!

Hang in there Janie. I kissed a lot of nasty toads before I found my prince charming. Ask Trish. Oh the stories we could tell.

I would keep the profile up. You never know who is browsing those ads.

Don't shell out your money for them anymore though!!

You are a beautiful, smart, funny, caring, and successful woman. Any man would be lucky to have you!!

And I am DEFINITLEY not saying that because I love ya!! It's all true!!