Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

It's A Boy!!!

A very dear friend had her baby today. Its exciting and weird all at the same time. I said that tonight at dinner to my mom who kind of gave me a puzzled look and said, "Weird? Janie, your friends are in their 30's. They SHOULD be having babies." I just laughed at her and said, "I guess you are right." I guess she's forgotten that I'm in my 30's. So SHOULD I be having babies? HELL NO!!! Don't get me wrong, I want to be a mamma. I really want a husband. I've got a huge blank wall space above my couch just waiting for wedding pictures (really I'm not that shallow, I know there's more to marriage than wedding pics). But, I'm not going to marry any ole smuck who comes along and after teaching special kids all day, I'm sure as heck am NOT birthin' no babies on my own! A good friend of mine once said it's better to live alone than to be married and feel alone. (I think I quoted her correctly.)

I guess its weird because my friends having babies are the ones I used to spend Friday nights with at Paradise and Stetson's. They're the ones who got us free drinks by flirting. Nevermind the fact that I haven't had a sip of alcohol in probably 3 months and the last time I did, I got horrendous heart burn! LOL!

Well, that's about it, just felt like sharing that. Take Care!

No comments: