Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Sunday, July 20, 2008

My Grandma T.

My aunt and I were having one of our deep discussions over 4th of July vacation. We were talking about my Grandma and what a strong vibrant woman she was. She had a strong southern accent with a 6th grade education but to me she is the wisest woman you will ever meet. I walked by someone the other day and smelled the slight scent of Railroad Mill snuff and it reminded me of my Grandma. Yes, she dipped but lord was she clean about it. You never saw this woman without two or three kleenexes, Bounty papertowels and a styrofoam cup. I don't need to explain what they were used for.

Anyway, my aunt and I were talking about the past and she reminded me of something Grandma used to preach to us. She'd say, "Never depend on a man and never wear cheap shoes or bras!" Gosh, I sure do miss that woman! So far, I think we've made her very proud.

1 comment:

Patyrish said...

"Never depend on a man and never wear cheap shoes or bras!"

Yes a very wise woman! Love her advice!