Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Monday, September 29, 2008

Good News

So I went to the dermatologist for a check up on my vitiligo and guess what??? The creams are working on most of the white spots so I'm slowly getting pigment back. Pretty exciting stuff.

On the downside of things, I am getting these ever-so-lovely dark spots above my top lip. Apparently birth control pills cause hormonal changes which cause the spots! So, the dermatologist gave me a prescription for a cream for that. When I went to get it filled I discovered that its NOT covered under my insurance so it costs a whopping $185!!! Guess I'll be using alot of foundation because there is no way in hell I'm paying that kind of money for cosmetic reasons.

1 comment:

Erika said...

Janie, I have the same lovely dark spots above my lip from sun and bc. Clarins makes a good skin cream and cleanser for this. Might want to check that out. Way less than $185.