Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Monday, September 08, 2008

Marriage Material

How do you know if you're marriage material or not? Don't get excited... there hasn't been a proposal, but we've briefly talked about it. I remember in high school having to plan my dream wedding. I really enjoyed doing that assignment. I've dreamed of having the perfect wedding/marriage practically all of my life. While I still entertain the thought of it all, it really scares the crap of out me. Those of you who know me, know its taken me many years to discover myself and make my own decisions about life. (I won't get into all that here.) Then there's those rediculous yet realistic fears of mine from past experiences (i.e. him leaving me or dying.) I won't even discuss my feelings on being a mom. (talk about fear, exhaustion, and anxiety!)

I love my life. I have the best of both worlds right now. Josh comes to my house. I go to his. He does his thing, I do mine. It works. I guess my point to this is I'm not going to worry about getting married. I'm going to enjoy what I've got right now. If we continue to date and he proposes, then we'll see. Right now, I'm enjoying life one day at a time!

3 comments:

Erika said...

hee hee heee... I remember that wedding project in high school. I think I may actually still have the book with all my plans. I am almost afraid to look at it now! : )

Patyrish said...

We never had that project in school but HOW COOL would that have been to do!? I would have gotten an A for sure!

Anyway

I agree take it one day at a time. You guys will both know when and if you are ready. :-)

Patyrish said...

Where the heck are you and why havent you blogged!?

Get on it girl!