Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The hor(se) that bit my finger...


Those of you who know me well, know about my tremendous fear of birds. The only way I like birds are fried and from KFC! When I was about 3 years old my parents took me to Lion Country Safari. To this day, I remember the experience, vividly... picture it, a cute 3 year old blonde bends over to smell a flower and SNAP... a duck bites her back! I kid you not, 29 years later and I still hate birds!

I'm writing all of this to tell you about my nephew Thomas'experience with a horse. He is enamored with the Jr. Museum these days. So my sister got him an annual pass. He discovered that the horses like grass and insists on feeding them. (Little did we know that there is a big sign that says, "please do not feed the horses." Oops!)

Monday night at dinner he shows me his middle finger bandaged up and says, "Nanie, whore bit my finger!" He meant horse but it just came out "whore." It was really funny. Poor baby, he won't be feeding the whores anymore!

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

I giggled out loud about the duck getting you. When I was in 3rd grade, an ostrich at Silver Springs tried to eat my foot. I kid you not.

I just love when kids have little flubs with their speech. Nothing cuter.