Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Sunday, September 07, 2008

I had to laugh...

I love teaching and I love where I work but sometimes I just wonder where people come from. Picture it... second week of school, children with developmental delays, some have never left their grandma's front porch before coming to school and I hear a teacher complain, "my students can't even walk in a straight line!" I had to laugh to keep from saying something really inappropriate. Instead I thought to myself, "they need to thank God their students can even walk!" (that wasn't meant to be derrogative towards my students. that's just me putting things into perspective!)

1 comment:

MiSScNeLLY said...

Oh this drives me batty! Like you ever have to walk in a line anywhere else before the age of 3 or 4...

The worse is people that don't understand that sometimes kids do cry through their first day of school because they really miss their family.