Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Thursday, January 26, 2006

I'm No Saint but Come On...

OK, I know the Bible states, "Let he who has not sinned, cast the first stone." Well, maybe I goofed on the statement but you know what I mean. The point is, I'm no saint so I shouldn't be judging people but I've just got to vent about this. Since I was all out of clean underwear, I HAD to go to the laundry mat and wash clothes. I absolutely despise going to the laundry mat but I don't have washer/dryer connections in my quaint little apartment. Friends and relatives have been wonderful about offering their machines, but I don't like to impose. Anyway, I'm at the laundry mat tonight and I see this girl about six or seven months pregnant. She is outside puffing away on a cigarette! To top it off, she's drinking a Mountain Dew. That stuff is like liquid crack! I guess its years of teaching special ed and having friends who do everything perfect during their pregnancy but end up having children with special needs, but seeing that woman smoking pissed me off! I didn't say anything though, but later on while I'm folding my clothes I see her folding her clothes and she looks at me and says, "It really sucks to have to wear such f*%cking big underwear." This bold statement led into a conversation in which I find out she is a nurse! A nurse! Yes...Can you believe it? Lord, I just don't understand people.

1 comment:

Patyrish said...

Ugh that poor baby, I tell ya......people like that make me INSANE! I too try not to judge but when it comes to things like that IT'S SO HARD NOT TOO. I swear I would have wanted to strangle her with her big ole panties. Well I can say one thing.....that baby is gonna come out and scream the first month of it's life from the tabbaco and mountain dew withdraw. Poor baby...
The fact that she is a nurse just makes it all the more replusive to me.

Love you Janie!