Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Monday, January 30, 2006

Well, I Did It...

I finally told my boss that I was leaving at the end of the school year. It went better than I thought. Now, I feel like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. Its taken me seven long months to realize that what I was looking for was with me all along. I guess I remember leaving West Palm Beach as a happy, go-lucky little girl. When my parents split up, my mom, sister and I headed North. I left my daddy, my grama, and best friend behind. As a kid, I would spend summers here and have all kinds of fun. I had no responsibilities. I also had memories of the Dairy Queen and Polar Cup on Military Trail, spending blazing afternoons at the Rapids Water Slide or walking across the street to the park by my grama's house. Consciously I knew moving here that my daddy and grama weren't here. My best friend from grade school lives out west. We haven't talked in years. It now costs about $25 to go the Rapids and you can just imagine my devestation when I discovered that the Polar Cup had been turned into a Mexican Craft Store and Dairy Queen had been vandalized! So, anyway, all those fond memories have been inside of me all my life, everywhere I've lived.

While this has been an expensive, lonely experience, its also been a learning one. I appreciate Wakulla County. I look forward to teaching again. (I've had a couple of possible job offerings, but nothing official, so could ya say a few prayers for me?) I've spent some quality time getting to know me, my dog, and letting go of some painful feelings I've had pent up inside of me. I've discovered that while I don't have my biological dad, there are alot of great male role models in my life. I've used the excuse about not having a dad to keep men away from me. That's another story for another day. Well, I'm hungry. The story of my life, right? Anyway, I'm going to go eat dinner and watch t.v. Tomorrow I weigh in at Jenny Craig. It's not going to be pretty, but I don't care. Tommorrow I'll tell you about the house I bought!

1 comment:

Patyrish said...

Janie I am glad you were able to let him know you were quitting. I hate quitting jobs, it's so nerve wracking to me. I am praying this move will be positive and you will be happier! Love Ya!