Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Let me just tell you...

You know, I love my life and the wonderful opportunities I have but sometimes I think, can life be easy for once? So, today I get off work at 3:30pm (a nice little perk I'm going to miss once I return to the classroom) and have almost two hours before my Jenny Craig torture session, I mean appointment. My trip to Tallahassee screwed me over, you just can't eat Jenny Craig when everybody else is eating Sonny's Real Pit BBQ! Anyway, I have all this time before my meeting which is great because I have a couple of errands to run and Missy needed to be walked. I took Missy for her walk, which lasted 25 minutes versus our usual 15 b/c she refused to go potty! No problem, I have time. Then I went to Walgreens to pick up my medications. I swear I take more medicine than my 85 year old grandma! My allergies are out of control down here and then you know the damn anxiety and then I take synthroid for my thyroid which doesn't really work but nevertheless, I digress. So, I wait in the drive-thru debating on whether or not to skimp on one of meds this month but decided not to and paid the $136. If I don't take the allergy medicine I get all nauseated and want to puke. Nobody wants to be near me when I'm off my anxiety meds and well, the synthroid kinda controls my thyroid. You get the picture. ANYWAY, wouldn't you know it, the medications get stuck in the drive thru tube which causes me to hold up traffic. I just sat there laughing. You should have seen the little Indian pharmicist's face when I told him my medications were stuck. It took the manager at Walgreens 30 minutes to get the bag out for me. By this time its nearing 4:40pm but not to worry my Jenny Craig meeting is at 5:20pm. I had to go to the post office and get 2 cent stamps b/c I had all of these 37 cent stamps left over from Christmas. Of course, everybody else in Palm Beach County had to buy 2 cent stamps too. So, I decided to use the little stamp machine but I had to run back to my car and get change b/c I had used the last of my cash today to buy a Hershey Bar. Nevertheless, my bills and birthday card were mailed out. Thank God for that emergency change fund! I left the post office only to get stuck in traffic due to a car accident. I was re-routed and am proud to say I made it to my Jenny Craig appointment with enough time to pee and jump on the scale. Despite eating Sonny's and Chinese take-out over the break I still managed to lose 2 ounces! Ain't life sweet? So, I began this entry asking couldn't life be easy for once only to end by being truly thankful about many things... there are medications out there that help me, I have an absolutely terrific job with benefits and a salary that allows me to afford the medications, I have a car that gets me from one end of Palm Beach county to the other, I have change in my emergency change fund and finally, I have a terrific network of friends and family who read these crazy blogs I write!

No comments: