Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Care-free and Fancy-Free



Is this the face of an angel or what? When I look at this picture I don't know whether to cry, smile or just stare. I'm not a mamma, but I couldn't be more proud if this I had birth this kid myself. I hope he's always this care-free and fancy-free!

I went back to work after Christmas break this Monday. Getting up early hit me like a ton of bricks. By Friday, I was somewhat back in the routine. It was funny, because I was sort of dreading going back. You know, my kiddos had been out of their school routine for 2 weeks. No telling how much gluten they were succombed to, lol! But it actually turned out to be a pretty cool week back. I got hugs from two of my boys and one gave me a big kiss on the cheek. Wasn't really expecting that! My friend who tantrums when asked to do something, just said "nope," instead of tantruming this week! I thought that was pretty amazing. My friend who screams to express his general wants and needs not only signed but attempted to verbalize some words. My buddy who falls on the ground to avoid walking, actually had some pep in his step. Nobody got bit or hit either! Wish us luck, we are getting a new addition to our classroom family. He was born addicted to crack. As I've said before, I don't know how parents with special needs kiddos do it. My hat goes off to them. Thank God I'm taking B12 and am on this diet. AS for the diet, I've lost 7 pounds total. Yay!

So, over the break I had to fill out this application for this project I'm doing. I wish I could have filled it out after this week. Before this week, I was sort of bummed about the progress my students were making and my teaching abilities in general. I also waited until the last minute to fill out the mile long application so it was rushed and my heart wasn't in it. Looking back, I can see just how much we really do affect these kiddos. While on paper, it may say, "make a snowman," there's so much more to what we're doing. Oh well, I'll just have to charm 'em in the interview part of the project. Gotta go clean. I'm having people over tonight.

1 comment:

Patyrish said...

WAY TO GO ON THE WEIGHT LOSS!

the picture is OH SO CUTE.....nothing warms my heart more than seeing a little one FULL OF JOY like he is in this picture. What a sweet boy.

Sounds like the kids are making progress. You sound like me though, just when I start to think "gee Makily isnt progressing and I suck as a mom" the little booger starts doing things she wasnt before. Gotta love these kids.