Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Things to Do

I love my new house but sometimes it's hard work to keep up a house by yourself. I think I'm going to make a list for my future husband of things I'd like for him to do. I'm not stupid, I realize it may not get done but I figure if I have it on paper ahead of time, I'll have more ammunition when threatening a divorce, lol!

1. Change the air filters. My new house is "energy efficient." Whatever that means. Its a pain and expensive! I have an air filter in each bedroom (3) and one big one in the hallway. I thought I'd be smart and get the air filters that supposed lasted for 3 months. They don't last for 3 months! Nope, monthly, I climb up onto a step ladder, trying NOT to fall off from the dizziness inside my head, finagel the air vent open while trying hard Not to use 3 and 4 letter words, and sneeze as the air filter falls onto my head. Then I have to somehow put the other air filter up before my arms go numb and I fall off of the step ladder. Stop laughing. I realize its a 3 foot step ladder, but I'm almost a 200 lb woman. You do the math. Short fall, heavy splat!

2. Get the debris off the eaves of my roof so that the roof doesn't rot. I bought a six foot ladder to try and do this myself but couldn't make it to the top. I even tried hoisting my leaf blower up there and that caused a big mess!

3. Check the fluid in my car so my step-dad doesn't have to. He is a real trooper about it but he needs a break. Besides that, the other day I had to add antifreeze to my car when he wasn't around and it took me 5 minutes to figure out how to lift the hood! My poor neighbors heard a few choice words.

For now, I think that' s about it.

No comments: