Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Friday, January 04, 2008

Updates

So, I weighed in yesterday and lost a whopping 4 pounds! The doctor was shocked b/c he said my thyroid was out of whack and I need to up my synthroid dosage. Hrmmm, that could explain the sheer exhaustion and extreme sensitivity. So, its not all because I'm fat and hormonal (notice the air of sarcasm? I just love doctors!) He didn't say that, that's just what other doctors have told me before. The other strange thing was my triglycerite count was extremely high. For being a fat girl, I normally have normal cholesterol levels. So, I did some research and guess what? Your thyroid can affect your cholesterol levels! Go figure?

This diet works too. Today was the first day that I went out-out. I went to the movies and sat b/t two friends eating popcorn and didn't crave the first kernal. To top it off, we ate at my all-time favorite restaurant, Logans. The yeast rolls were right beside me and I didn't touch them! I even ordered grilled chicken, salad and veggies on a stick and only ate 3/4 of it. Lord, I pray this continues to work.

If you want a chance to clear your sinuses, go see "P.S. I Love You." Talk about a tear-jerker. It was funny with some great meaning behind it. It really makes you think.

Speaking of sinuses, most people who know me, know that I live life in a nauseated state most of the time b/c of my terrible post-nasal drip. Well, my hair stylist is pregnant and she had these things on her wrist called "SeaBands." So, I asked her about them. I bought a pair today. That's the best investment I've ever made. I'm scared to type about it for fear I'll jinx myself! Now if I could find something to stop the pnd I'd be in perfect shape!

Well, its late and I should be doing other things, like working on that project that's due Monday! Aaghhhh!!!!

1 comment:

Patyrish said...

Wow I have never heard of Sea Bands either. Wish I would have known about it when I was preggers!

Way to go on the weight loss. I am trying to figure out which diet I am going to try this time. I am so tired of not being skinny. *sigh*

Oh and the yeast rolls at Logans...girl I have no clue how you resisted...those things are good. I usually want to roll in them...is that bad!? hahahaha