Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Friday, December 09, 2005

Am I crazy??? Don't answer that one...

Terri Clark has a song called, "I Wanna Do It All." She talks about seeing Paris in the fall, having babies, and the whole nine yards. I love that song because it reminds me of myself. I have been so blessed to have the opportunities I've had. Travelling to China, Europe, Mexico, New York, D.C., Texas... Not everywhere, but enough places to know that not every place is like Wakulla. I've lived in a house, a trailor, townhouse, and an apartment. Almost had to live in my car, just kidding! I've seen Bon Jovi twice. Three times come this February! I have a master's degree from FSU and I'm National Board Certified. I've even been Teacher of the Year. I've experienced delivery take-out food and ice cream trucks. (don't laugh, you don't get those things everywhere!) Geez, and I am blessed with some totally awesome friends and family too.

The thought of "settling down," buying a place and actually living there longer than a year used to send chills down my spine. But now, I'm at the part of that Terri Clark song where I want a house with a fence. Husband and child optional, but I want to live close to my mom and my friends. I want to be able to see my niece and nephew after school. I want to eat dinner with Wendi, Bobby and their gang.

Then I fear if I settle down, will I wish things were back to the old ways. Of course, I haven't been "out" (you know, Stetson's, Bullwinkles) in probably six months! Lord, if only those magic 8 balls worked. I've had friends keep telling me, "the first year is the hardest." "Give it time, Janie. Meet people." I've met people. I've given it time. This time has made me appreciate just how much I miss my family and friends. I've done it all.

No comments: