Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Homesick!

Its December 1st. I was in a training today and the trainer told us an Irish tradition that on the first day of each month you are supposed to say, "White Rabbits," three times for good luck. So, White Rabbits, White Rabbits, White Rabbits! Today is absolutely gorgeous. The weather is cool and clear. Its funny to see people shivering and wearing leather jackets, though. I mean it was probably only 65 degrees at the lowest!

Since Hurricane Wilma I've been really homesick. So homesick that I told my boss I didn't think I'd be back here next year. As the weeks go on things have gotten better, but I still miss my family and friends in Tallahassee. After being at CES for 8 years, I felt like my co-workers were apart of my family. You know the type that you can argue with yet you know you still love each other? My best friend Jessica has two children that I consider my niece and nephew and it kills me to be so far away from them. I'm afraid they will forget me or worse not love me anymore. I called Maggie last night in tears. I told her I was afraid I was going to lose my friends since I live so far away. (I know, I sound stupid, but its the anxiety and heh, it could happen.) Hopefully our friendship will only grow stronger but I'm still lonely.

I know I'd have to be a total moron to leave here right now. I have the best job in the whole wide world. They send in the best trainers from all over the world to train us, we get an hour for lunch and to top it off, my boss is absolutely amazing! I am an hour from Miami and 4 hours from the Keys. I also know that there is a reason I'm here. The unsettling part is not knowing for how long or why. I have friends and family here. Which by the way are terrific, but I just don't want to lose the ones I left behind in Tallahassee. Well, I've got to go downstairs to the laundry room and get my clothes before somebody steals them. Bye for now!

No comments: