Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Sunday, December 11, 2005

My mother


As I was making my breakfast this morning something came to my mind which reminded me of my mother. Anyay, the point to this morning's blog is despite whatever circumstances may be, my mother has always made it seem like nothing is impossible. I can remember being 13 or 14 and went to Jacksonville for some sort of community camp thing. (Not the one where I met Trish and Deb!) Anyway, I didn't get a good vibe at this camp, they were all into Kum Ba Ya, and to top it off, there was mold in the bathroom! So, I begged the counselors to let me call my mom. (It took a day and a half of not eating and using up all the camp's toilet paper from crying so much.) Once I called my mom, she packed up my little sister, and trekked back to Jacksonville in our old maroon LTD stationwagon. She never questioned my decision, nor did she make me feel stupid for coming home.

So, the other day, I called her in tears, (I do this alot) complaining about my job and how lonely I am. She of course says, "let me know what I need to do and I'll be there." The funny thing is, she is serious! She would have my step-dad hook up his trailor and travel 400 miles to get my butt! Of course this time, I told her thanks but I need to finish out my contract here and that I really shouldn't break my lease because I'd be out $2500. Which her reply was, "I don't care. If you're that miserable, we'll work it out."

Growing up, my mom and I had our issues. Whose family doesn't? I still have a different type of respect for her that where if she says something it can make or break my day. But that whole issue is for another day and time! Now granted, some people may call this co-dependent or emeshed. I don't really care what they call it. The bottom line is, I know that she's there. She will help me anyway she can and for that I am eternally grateful! This picture was taken July 2004 at my sister's wedding. My mom is the one in the middle, in case you can't tell.

1 comment:

Patyrish said...

Aww Janie that was so sweet. My mother is that way, she is right there when I need her and most of the time I don't even have to say a word, she just knows I need her. Love You!
Trish