Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Monday, December 19, 2005

Traffic Jams and Broken Nativity Scenes

I went Christmas shopping yesterday, trying to finish up before the last minute. I think everybody in Palm Beach county had the same idea. Anyway, I was in the mall parking lot trying to get over into another lane when an older women in front of me stopped suddenly and wouldn't pull up so that I could get all the way over. Needless to say, I blocked traffic for a little while (like 2 minutes maybe; but I wasn't out on the highway). Once the guy behind me got around me he rolled his window down and yelled out, "You f*&king b@#ch!" I was so shocked I didn't know what to say. All I could think was, "Thank God I don't have that kind of anger." Then I started laughing b/c I'm the farthest thing from being a b@#ch and besides that, if he wasn't such a damn weinie he could have driven over the curb and around me!

So, back to my shopping experience. The stores were jammed pack, isles full of crap, and it was hotter than hell. Kind of makes a person not want to be in the Christmas mood. To top it off, I went into SteinMart. I absolutely hate that store but I was looking for a present for my mom and I was at my wits end trying to find her something. I saw this cute nativity scene and I picked it up to find the price. As I put it back down the part I was holding came loose from the rest of it and guess what happened? The nativity scene fell and broke. I'm sure I'm going to be in deep trouble for that one when I get to Heaven!

I guess the point to my blog is kind of cliche, but this season shouldn't be about stressing over presents or holding up traffic. Its about the birth of Christ and family and friends. My mom and step-dad will be here in four days. I am so excited!Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

Patyrish said...

I OH SO ENJOYED THIS POST! I did have to laugh because when I realized you broke a nativity I honestly though THAT SOUNDS LIKE MY LUCK!
The guy in the car was a big weinee, I agree!

Trish