Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Monday, December 12, 2005

The Dog Park

I usually take Missy, my dog, to the dog park on the weekends. This weekend I had a terrible sinus infection so we didn't go until today. I was off today so I figured it would be a good day being as how most people should be at work. This is our routine... The minute Missy realizes we are at the park she starts drooling profusely. I used to take a towel and try to wipe it off but then I realized she's a dog and dogs drool. Anyway, Missy gets into the gate, runs around the park two maybe three times, if I'm lucky, and then runs and jumps on a bench next to some idiot who yells, "ooh, get away, you're slobbering!" At which point I want to say, "You think? Its a dog. You are at a damn dog park! Why the hell did you wear that outfit?" but I don't. I apologize profusely and usually offer them a papertowel. I try hard to keep her away from the benches but she gets tired and likes to take a break. I've got to be the most anti-social person out there but everytime I go, I try to stay away from the other people there. They are so weird. They always ask what type of dog she is and when I reply they say, "no, I think she may have a mixture of ..." You know what? I don't really care! I'm at the park for my dog to get some exercise and fresh air, not for you to analyze my dog. Well, this has been on mind for a while now. I used to get so anxious taking her out there. Now, I'm like to hell it with it. Its not like you can miss a 75 pound black irish setter running full speed ahead at you. So, if you see her coming, get off the damn bench!

No comments: