Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Sunday, April 20, 2008

I had a one night stand...

with a cupcake! You thought I was going to say a guy, didn't you? What dirty minds! Seriously, as a part of this diet I'm on once you start to plateau you have to do a 3 day cheat,which basically entails eating crap for 3 days to sort of shock your body. After the 3 day cheat, you go back to 3 days of nothing but protein and then you're back on track. Normally, people lose about 10 pound through this process. Of course, I am anything but normal! I haven't weighed in yet to see if it worked but I'm not expecting much because of what happened. I went on the 3 day cheat Thursday-Saturday, April 10-12th. I didn't stuff myself but I did eat things I normally wouldn't eat like ice cream two days in a row, cheesecake, pizza, a sub from Publix on white bread, french fries (do you get the picture???) So, after the race on Saturday I felt unusually tired so I took a nap. I woke up the worst headache ever and was incredibly nauseated. Sunday wasn't any better. My postnasal drip came back in full force and I couldn't even start the protein part of the diet until Monday. I seriously thought it was the flu until I talked to my friend Staci who also on this diet and did a 3 day cheat as well. Guess what? She had the same symptoms!!! I was finally able to complete the 3 day protein kick but man was I weak and nauseated. I took a spinning class on Wednesday and almost passed out. My trainer, who is also the spinning instructor pulled me aside after class and asked me what I had been eating lately. I tell you, I felt like I was the star of one of those Lifetime movie specials. YOu know, the ones where the teenage girl is secretly anorexic and her best friend rats her out? My best friend didn't rat me out but what happened was I cancelled my training session with my trainer for Monday and told her I thought I had the flu. I wasn't lying because at that point that's what I thought it was. My best friend, Jes also works with my trainer. So, Tuesday afternoon she asked Jes how I was feeling. Jes casually told her that I was doing somewhat better since I was only eating protein now. In the meantime after talking with Staci I realized it was the diet not the flu. Its funny now but man did I learn my lesson. So, Marilynn, my trainer, confronts me after class and says, "Janie, if you are going to exercise as much as you are doing, you are going to have to change your diet." So that's why I felt like I was in a movie special. By Friday, not only did I have a nasty sinus infection but I also developed another not so nice infection that I will not go into details about over the internet. Nevertheless, both are caused by excess consumptions of sugar! While I dispise being nauseated, I'm glad it happened because it really makes me think twice about what I put in my mouth. My body doesn't handle sugar well.

No comments: