Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Belly Dancing Vs. Pole Dancing???

My friend Kristin suggested we try belly dancing classes. She swears it gives you a full body workout and cleanses your karma therefore giving you inner peace. So, another friend of mine, Amber, met Kristin and I last night for belly dancing lessons. For some reason I couldn't get Jes or Staci to go with us. Amber's husband laughed when we told him. He suggested we stick with the pole dancing. (just a joke, I have never been pole dancing)

Anyway, we went. Now mind you, I am the most uncoordinated person ever. I would probably get kicked off of a Special Olympics team I'm so clumsy. But, I figured what the heck, I'd try it. The class started 30 minutes late and while the instructor was good at what she was doing, she was too much into her job. She decided I'd be her special project and kept critiquing me. Halfway through I decided this wasn't something I'd be doing ever again. It was a learning experience and, as a result, Amber and I have decided that we definitely have to take pole dancing lessons in order to compare the two. I'm sure the pole dancing lessons would benefit me a whole lot more than the belly dancing!

In special ed, if a student doesn't receive a regular diploma they get what's called a special diploma. These students don't take the FCAT. They take an alternative assessment and based on their performance receive a certain level. I can't remember all the levels but they're something like, "supportive," "participatory," etc. Anyway, my belly dancing abilities are such that I wouldn't have even received a score on an alternative assessment!

1 comment:

Amy M said...

You make me laugh! I wish I was still around so I could go with you. That class sounds like a riot!