Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Friday, May 09, 2008

Don't Eat the Cheeseburgers!!!

So I joined this group my trainer started called 'Real Women Lift.' My trainer is wonderful and she's taught me alot but I HATE to lift weights. So I knew that if I were going to ever get into a weightlifting routine I needed to join her new group. Its alot of fun and really encouraging. I've done some things that I never thought would be possible (i.e. sit-ups/ball toss combos, lunges with 10 pound weights, knee lifts!?!) Anyway, we had to submit information to her about our height weight and waist measurements. On Thursday, she presented us with our personal profiles related to our weight, BMI, health risks etc. I know its just a computer program, nothing personal but I was really pissed when I read it. I also know that I'm not finished losing weight but I've worked really hard and to read that I am STILL in the overweight category and at risk for heart-related complications totally negated the stuff I've been doing for the past 4 months. Its funny because I expected to see what was on the paper but it still bothered me. Perhaps I'm being a whiner. I am thankful for the 43 pounds lost thus far. When I started this diet my waist measurement was 42. When I was measured on Monday it was 37. I weighed 209.2 December 31st. Now I weight 166.2. (I'm stuck by the way!) I'm very grateful and I have tons more energy. Not to mention the fact that I feel more confident about myself. Sorry, I digressed. So the damn profile said I should weigh 124 pounds! I'm not sure I'll ever weigh that little. I'm shooting for 144. If I ever make it, it'll be a miracle! I'm not going to obsess over losing weight or starve myself to get there. I know its about feeling good and being healthy. I just had to vent and I guess I'll stay away from the cheeseburgers!

1 comment:

Erika said...

Don't get discouraged. Just keeping doing what you're doing. There is no set date by which you must lose x # of pounds. Just being healthy about the way you eat and lose weight is all that matters. And have fun! : ) Wish that I could say that I lost 43 lbs. That's amazing Janie. Keep up the good work!