Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Friday, May 09, 2008

Disney's Minnie Marathon



I completed my second 5k last weekend. If you ask my sister she'll tell you I ran a marathon. LOL! Thanks Molly! I love you. I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day to run. This 5k was held at Epcot. The flowers and wishing wells were gorgeous. Funds from this run supported research for heart disease. I ran in memory of my Grandma, Janie Fowler Tucker. She died about 5 years ago from heart disease related complications. If there was ever a person who made me feel like I was perfect, it was her. Everyone should have at least one person in their lives who makes them feel like they hung the moon. She did that for me. I miss her so much but I felt so connected to her last weekend while I was running. It was like every time I felt a breeze or saw a bright flower she was there. I put the collage I made of she and I on a t-shirt and wore it the day of the 5k.

No comments: