Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Monday, May 26, 2008

What a Great Day!

I had a fantastic birthday weekend. Yes, I said weekend. Maybe its because I'm the first born, or maybe its because my Grandma Tucker made me feel like I was the reason the sun rises and sets each day, I don't know what it is but I felt the need to celebrate my birthday the whole weekend. So, I did! Friday night I went out with friends from work, high school and college to my two favorite places: Paradise and Stetsons. I'll post pictures later. Amber was my designated driver. (I felt the need to put that in there for those of you who worry.) It always amazes me how she can go to places like that and stay sober. I'm not an alcoholic. Its a miracle if I go out even once a month! Anyway, it meant alot to hang out with so many wonderful people and have fun.

Today was my actual birthday. I couldn't have asked for a better day. I made myself go for a run and then to the gym and guess what??? I didn't even pass out! Then I came home and washed my dog and worked in my flower garden. (I'll admit it, I enjoyed myself. I am officially old!) I went over to my sister and brother-in-law's for a cookout around 1pm. They ordered me a delicious cake from Publix (my favorite!) Jes, Chris, and my surrogate niece and nephew came over. I didn't realize just how much I miss those kiddos until today. They are growing up tooooo fast. I finally got some pictures of them with Thomas. I can't wait to post those. My cousin came into town with her adorable girls. Of course, my mom and Gene came over too. My mom gave me a sweet card that said: "To Our Daughter..." It was something about being fashionable, but that wasn't the part that made me tear up. It was the word "our," because it was signed by she and Gene. Sometimes I feel guilty because I really like Gene as a step-dad. I like when I tell people my dad fixed my car or that my dad works for the sheriff's department. But then I feel like a traitor to my daddy. Hopefully he understands. Ralph Tucker, Jr. is my daddy. Gene is my step-dad.

After the cookout my mom and I went shopping. It was fun to spend time with her.

Then I got home and checked my messages. I had 6 voicemails from people that live far away or were out of town wishing me a happy birthday. I'm not trying to sound conceited or like a big dork, but it really made me feel fantastic. I am really blessed and thankful for what I have.

Ok, I promise my next entry will have some sarcasm and humor!

1 comment:

Amy M said...

Awww..... I missed your birthday! Happy Day and I am glad it was happy!