Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

JD's memorial

Josh's Uncle Gary performed a beautiful memorial service for JD on Saturday, October 16th. We decided to have JD cremated so we had a sterling silver box engraved with his name and date of birth to put his remains in. In lieu of flowers we asked people to make donations to Special Olympics, WAkulla. This way our Wakulla team can have new shoes and uniforms for competition.

Again, Josh and I were overwhelmed at the number of friends and family members that came to JD's memorial. Aunt Shirley bought JD a "going home" outfit several months ago. The outfit was way too big for our little angel. My friends Julie, Amber and Lisa left the hospital after visiting me on Saturday night and went to Dillards and bought him the preemie version of the outfit. That outfit was too small too. My sister Molly took the outfit to Amber's mom and she cut it down to size to fit JD! My mother and Molly took the outfit to the funeral home and Mom dressed him in his outfit and socks of course.

I stand in amazement at how much love my precious boy not only brought to this world but just how much love was shown to him in his short little life.

After the service, Josh and I wrote a letter to JD and tied it to a helium balloon. All the way home the balloon kept making its way to the front of the car. It was as if JD were saying, "Its ok Momma and Daddy, I am in heaven and doing good." It is comforting to know that he is there with Josh's mom, my daddy and grandma T. and many other relatives waiting to love on him. When we got home we let the balloon go and at first it wouldn't go up. Josh looked at the balloon and said, "go on buddy, we love you." Away it went into the sky.

2 comments:

Amy M said...

I'm glad you are blogging again Janie. Sending bog hugs your way.

Patyrish said...

I am bawling. love u honey.