Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Our Story

Josh and I got married February 27th, 2010. Those of you who know me know that I waited a very long time to find Mr. Right. I joke about it now and say that I had to wait for him to reach puberty and come of age to date him, lol! I am 4 and half years older than he is. Josh is everything I prayed for in a husband. He is patient, determined, loyal and sensitive.

We had the perfect wedding. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day. We were surrounded by the people we loved and despite the cold weather, everything turned out just as we had planned. I had my dream wedding.

We both knew we wanted children. Being aware of my age and how long "they" say it takes to get pregnant the first time, we decided to try right away. Imagine our surprise when after one full month of being off the pill, I became pregnant! What was really exciting is that Josh's sister Kelley was six weeks pregnant when we became pregnant. How wonderful it would be to have cousins so close together... or so we thought.

I had the worst morning sickness throughout the entire 6 months I was pregnant. It wasn't just in the morning either. Anything and everything set me off with the nausea but everytime I'd go for an OB appointment and hear JD's heartbeat or see his little profile on the ultrasound machine, it made it all worth it. I don't know who was more overjoyed to find out at week 19 that we were going to have a beautiful baby boy. We knew right away his name was going to be Joshua David Register, Jr. Just looking at the US pics he already had his daddy's profile. We decided to call him JD.

Josh hung new drywall and painted JD's room a tan color. A friend from work gave me the sweetest western crib bedding set. My mom bought JD's crib and dresser. Josh put it all together the day she bought it. We were so excited. At week 24 mom and I went to Babies R Us and registered for baby supplies. Josh and I had signed up for childbirth classes. They were to begin in November. We made an appointment to have 4D pictures made of JD for November 5th. We were ready.

All we needed was for January 220th to arrive so that we could meet our sweet baby boy. Imagine our devastation when we went for a routine 25 week OB appointment and discovered there was no heartbeat. JD was gone.

No comments: