Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thank You DKR!

Josh and his family often joke and call me "Little Debbie," after his mother. Josh often says its scary just how much I am like her. Its funny how I've never met this woman but feel so connected. Josh's mom lost a child too. Her first born son was stillborn at 40 weeks. I've never gotten the exact story as to what happened but nevertheless, it was devastating.

When I first moved in with Josh, there were pictures everywhere. Pictures on the walls. I found giant rubbermaid containers full of 10x13s, 8x10s & 5x7s. I found rows of albums filled with 4x6s. It drove me nuts. I love pictures but come on... where the heck do you put these things? She had EVERY school picture Josh and Kelley ever had taken. I'm talkin' the big $42 packs.

As I was going through the pictures, I have to admit, I was aggravated. Sitting here typing, I am in awe. I totally understand now. If given the chance to have more babies, I too, will probably have pictures on every wall, and some in storage too. My baby boy was only with me in utero for 6 short months and I have a complete baby book just for him. I have a wall portrait being made right now and numerous 4x6s of his sweet hands and feet.

I have a new respect for you Debbie Kelley Register. Thank you for that opportunity. Thank you for the love that you instilled upon your son Josh. I truly believe that is what has made him such a compassionate, loving husband. Thank you for the chance to live in the house that my husband grew up in. Despite the rickety porch and windows that need caulking, I can feel so much love in this place.

1 comment:

Carolyn Kent said...

<3 (tears are falling as I type)I love you Janie!