Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Yours Not Mine...

I bought a couple of books on grieving the loss of a child. Before I began reading one of the books I prayed that God would use the book to help me understand His plan for JD's loss. As I began reading, 'Grieving the Child I Never Knew,' by Kathe Wunnenberg, I heard these words come to my mind, "This child was never yours to begin with, Janie. He was a gift I shared with you and Josh for a short time." While I'm not exactly ok with that as of yet, I am reassured that my precious JD is in heaven with Jesus. I am thankful for the gift that God gave us, even if it was for 6 short months (no sarcasm intended there, Lord... I promise.)

I have to remember that my baby was indeed a gift that the Lord shared with us. While I am saddened, angry and lonely right now, I do know that God has a plan. I pray that one day I will discover that plan.

No comments: