Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Labor of Love

They say God won't put more on you than you can handle. I don't want to question Him for fear He'll put more on us, but this is probably the hardest thing I have ever gone through. You see, I didn't get pregnant to fill a void. Josh and I discussed having a baby. Ours lives were already complete. We have a great marriage. We both enjoy spending time together and apart. We just wanted to bring more joy to our lives so we decided to become parents. I didn't drink alcohol,smoke, or anything that would jeopardize this pregnancy. I took my vitamins, had my thyroid checked and Josh went to every prenatal visit with me.

The on-call doctor gave us the option of waiting for me to go into labor on our own or being induced. We chose induction. I began the induction process on Friday, October 8th at around 9:30pm. They gave me Staydoll for the pain but told me I could have an epidural whenever I was ready. I decided Saturday morning around 9:30am to take them up on their offer. Physically, the worst part of the whole deal, wasn't the labor, it was the IV! I've decided that epidurals are definitely the way to go and I absolutely adore anethesiologists! I woke up at 11:45pm Saturday evening with the worst pressure ever. (I won't get too graphic.) The Noles were finishing up eating the Miami Hurricanes and here I was about to begin labor.

I can't even describe emotionally what I felt. I just knew this was something I had to do but I didn't want to do it. I knew it was a means to an end that I just didn't want to believe or let go of. I truly do not believe I could have made it without the support of my husband and those that were praying for us.

I'm not going to get graphic with the delivery part but let's just say it wasn't easy delivering a breech baby at 25 weeks. My body didn't want to let him or his placenta go.

My precious angel JD, was born 10-10-2010 at 1:10am on Sunday morning. He had the longest feet and fingers. He weighed 1 lb 5 oz and was 14 and a half inches long. Despite the trauma at birth, you could still see his daddy's features on his sweet face.

I am overwhelmed at the friends and family members who drove over to TMH at midnight to be there for his birth. That means so much to me.

1 comment:

Patyrish said...

Janie, I am so sorry you had to go through this. There are no words, just lots of love and thoughts.