Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Monday, February 25, 2008

The Face of An Angel



Is this the face of an angel or what? I can't believe Thomas will be one on Wednesday. It seems like it was just last week that I drove through a tornado(ok, not through it, I stopped off at a Cracker Barrel to wait for it to pass!) just to meet him for the first time. I couldn't be there for his birth but I got there shortly thereafter. I still tear up thinking about that day. He is the most amazing kid ever. You know my issues with men, so I used to worry that I wouldn't be the cool aunt, but I think I'm going to be ok. I'll also be the aunt that cries whenever he has his "first" anything. I'll be the obnoxious aunt who makes sure he gets only the best teachers when he starts school. I'll probably be the aunt who gets kicked off the baseball field for hitting the ref when he makes a wrong call on Thomas. No, that'll be my mom. I'll be asked to leave for cussing at the ref. Poor Kid!

Anyway, he's amazing. He gets cuter everyday and he "talks" all the time. He says about 12-15 words that we can actually understand. The rest is jiberish and lots of hand gestures. I think Molly used to do that too, come to think of it. The best word he says is "J." Sometimes, he'll throw in the "aunt," but mostly it's "J." It melts my heart!

1 comment:

Patyrish said...

awwww he sounds soo incredibly sweet.

He is very cute, has the best complexion and great eyes.