Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I Hate to Admit It...

but I think I actually like exercising! Is that sick or what? I've been really frustrated and overwhelmed at work lately. Nothing in particular. I just take on too many things. Its my fault.

Then of course there's this lovely holiday we call 'Valentine's Day.' Just another reminder that I'm almost 32 and still single. I can hear my clock ticking loudly.

Of course, my alter-ego tells me to be thankful for what all I do have. Believe me, I am. I just get frustrated sometimes. I'm not depressed and I know its just a phase. It'll all pass. It always does.

So my point... My friend Maggie used to swear to me that exercising really relieves stress. I really found that hard to believe that something that made you sweaty and your bones ache was a stress-reliever. Yep, she's right! I've been alternating days of jogging/fast walking with days of using the elliptical. My body craves it now. I really noticed today when I came home and was in a fowl mood just how great I felt after working really hard on the elliptical. I may have to join a gym again. Hrmmm... let me pay off the diet plan first!

Tomorrow's the big day. Last week I was down 19 pounds. Not too shabby being as how I started this diet December 31st. My overall goal is 50. I'm usually pretty good at losing the first 20. Then my mind takes over and I stop losing. This time, my mind is cheering me on. I really don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. So, I'm praying that my body will team up with my mind and I'll keep going.

Well, my bubble bath awaits!

1 comment:

Patyrish said...

yeah I have to agree once I get in the habit of working out...WHAT A HUGE STRESS RELIEVER it is. Seriously girl I know...I really need to get back started on it. I always feel better when I am working out, it's totally a mental thing though for me to get started.

I am so proud of you on the weight loss, I know it's so ahrd.