Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Monday, February 25, 2008

Upping my Ante!

After watching last week's Biggest Loser I got a wild hair to up the ante on my weightloss program. Fortunately, I didn't watch last Tuesday's episode until last night so today is my first day upping my ante. (I know, grammatically incorrect, my freshman English teacher would have a fit... that's ok, she stifled my creativity.) Anyway, it was a gorgeous day so I decided to drive down to Shell Point and do my walk/jog intervals on the beach. I'm doing this program called 'Couch to 5K' and by the time I'm finished I should be able to jog for 3 miles without dying. We'll see. Right now I'm on week 4 and it feels rough. So today was my off day so I decided to do an hour of cardio by completing weeks 1 and 2 on the beach. I felt so good when I was done but boy does my body ache! I'm going to go soak in some epsom salts once the water cools down a bit. Without trying to sound too granola-ish, it was really a beautiful experience, though. Even with my headphones on I could hear the birds and the waves crashing. I did NOT however hear the white American Bulldog who came pouncing up on me and slobbered all over my exercise pants. Fortunately, I have experience with American Bulldogs, thanks to my nephew Max, (Maggie's dog), so I knew to stay calm and he wouldn't hurt me. His owner came ran over shortly and leashed him. While I love dogs, I don't feel all that comfortable around strange dogs.

Anyway, I feel ambitious so I'm thinking about doing my week 4 run tomorrow morning around 7am at the beach again. It would be cool to see the sunrise. We shall see. This princess is NOT a morning person. Gotta go, my water is ready!

No comments: