Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Sunday, February 17, 2008

My Name is Janie and I Am OLD!!!!

Jes and I met another one of our high school friends for dinner. After dinner we went "out." While I had a great time with both Jes and Julie, I have come to realize that I am too old for clubs.

For one, I didn't drink enough to really get a buzz. So I was able to notice the numerous drunk people surrounding me. I felt bad for some of them, stumbling around, and/or sucking face with strangers. Please don't think I'm being self-righteous. I'm not. Believe me, I've been that person stumbling around... among other things. All I could think about was that long-ass drive back to Wakulla and how unsafe it would be for me to drive drunk.

Second, we just sort of stood around. I'm not good at making small talk with people, especially guys.

Third, all I could think about was the smoke smell that lingered in my hair and how I had clean sheets waiting for me at home which meant I HAD to wash my hair before going to bed.

I'm not complaining about the evening. I had a terrific time with two wonderful friends. It was fun to see them having such a great time. I enjoyed it because they seemed to have had a good time. But, I also realized that "going out" is NOT the thing for me!

1 comment:

Patyrish said...

I'm old too. I'll join your club. Last night Allen and I went to dinner and a movie with friends. Allen had a beer and a half at dinner. He was buzzed (yes off of just 1.5 beers). Then we got in the car to drive to the movies and we were blaring "Heartbreaker" by Pat Benatar and singing like idiots together. (i didnt drink by the way....I act this way normally). Anyway...at a stop light Allen opened the moon roof of the mini van and stood up in the van while waving at our friends behind us.....

Yeah we are old here too!