Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Valentine's Day



I admit it... I hate Valentine's Day and what all it represents. Maybe if I were in love I'd think differently but right now I'm not.

It pisses me off that a normal spring bouquet costs me almost $10 on Valentine's Day when on any other day I'd pay $3.99.

There's the sheer exhaustion of what to get people you're close to. For instance, do you buy your mother flowers on V-Day? Or, should I leave that up to my step-dad?

I also hate that my students get hiped up on candy. Its just not a good combination: Already hyperactive preschool children combined with excessive amounts of sugar colored with red dye!

You know the last reason I hate Valentine's Day? Call me petty but I'll remember this forever and a day... 15 years ago, my first "true love" dumped me on Valentine's Day using a Valentine's Day card to do it! If you look up the word "pathetic" in the dictionary, you will see my name beside it!

I know, I know, I'm being negative. Go ahead, take away my Miss Congeniality trophy.

1 comment:

Patyrish said...

OMG someone broke up with you on Valentine's day.....IN A CARD? HOW LAME!

Girl you are not the pathetic one...HE IS. Who does something like that?!