Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Please Pray For Dylan!

My co-teacher's son, Dylan (age 5) who is a miniature hoodini (sp?) was riding around on his four wheeler yesterday and flipped it. Right now it looks the most damage is a broken arm and some stitches. Thank the Lord, no head injuries. I spoke with Amber last night and she said his arm is broken pretty bad and it looks like its going to take two surgeries and week's stay in the hospital. Yikes! What do you buy for a kid with a broken arm to play with in the hospital? Hrmmm?

On a selfish note, please pray for me this week. As I've mentioned before my class isn't your typical run of the mill pre-k class. Put it this way, we only have 8 kiddos but we REQUIRE a teacher, a CDA, a parapro, a volunteer grama AND a nurse with us at all times! Not to mention 4 therapists who come in and out of the room. We don't work well with substitute teachers so its easier to just not have one.

Since Family Fun Day was Friday night, we left our room in shambles thinking we'd get to it Monday morning. We also have a meeting scheduled for Monday morning that I'm NOT looking forward to. So, after my run, I am going back to school to see what I can do to put some sort of normalcy back into the room with the yellow door. Yikes again!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for coming by my blog! :D My blog is definately random entries about everything including our special needs son with AS. Sending you good wishies for your meeting and for there to be some normalcy back in your classroom. I know how important it is for those kiddos! My son loves his pre-k class and I know it has a lot to do with all the hard work and care his teachers put in. Sending prayers for Dylan and his mommy too! It might be harder on her than him sometimes!!!

Patyrish said...

Oh honey I hope that Dylan is okay! what a scary accident.